Maple Leaf Academy
- MLA specializes in teaching English as a second language through LINC and ESL programs.
- We have been serving ESL Students for 27 years, since 1991 and has served around 25,000 newcomers, Canadian citizens and international students.
- Our past experience includes teaching basic computer skills and keyboarding in the EDGE program funded by Alberta Government; delivering of the Enhanced Language Training program with a job placement component funded by both Alberta and Federal governments; and certified training for CAEL and TOEFL preparation tests.
- The school has had a series of training by LearnIT2teach specialists in 2019 and in the previous years. The training resulted in 20 teachers having gotten on board for on-line blended learning. One instructor has been trained as a Mentor for others to lead on-line teaching using Edulinc software through Moodle LMS (free for its users).
- MLA is a Designated Learning Institution (O114623912037) and is a certified member of Languages Canada and National Career Colleges Association.
- MLA abides by (PIPA) Personal Information Protection Act of Alberta and by Languages Canada standards for teacher qualifications and program delivery.
- The school has a proven history of partnerships with a large variety of providers in the community such as professional associations (APEGGA); immigrant serving agencies (ISC, Prospect Services); ESL (SAIT, MRU); all LINC providers; law enforcement (Court House and Police Services), and others (Arts Commons, Glenbow Museum).
Our well established school has many amenities in house and surrounding to optimize our student’s learning experience and stay in Calgary.
Counselling and Orientation Room